Getting open off the dribble is one of the most valuable skills in NBA 2K22. And while stick skills are still super important to master dribbling, having the right animations is the first thing you need to master.
In this post we break down the best dribble moves in NBA 2K22, with a main focus on primary ball handlers and a slight focus on players with lower ball handling:
Note: Different Dribble Moves are locked behind certain ball handle or speed with ball ratings in 2K22. We will list the required ratings for each dribble move we recommend.
- Best Dribble Style: Quick or Shifty. Allows you to chain moves quickly to break down your defender and get buckets, and both pair well with the Hyperdrive and Quick Chain badges to dribble quickly.
- Signature Size-Up: Steph Curry. Curry’s size-up is quick and gives you a good head start when chaining dribble moves.
- Best Moving Crossover: Lebron James is the best if you have 70+ Ball Handle, Jayson Tatum is the best if you have 75+ Ball Handle. If you have neither, Normal is the way you will have to go.
- Best Moving Behind-the-Back: Damian Lillard is the best for 75+ Ball Handle and none of the others are really close. It is the same thing as Pro 3 in past games, which was the best by far.
- Best Moving Spin: Basic 1. Simply the best, whether you use the move a lot or not.
- Best Moving Hesitation: Kevin Durant if you have 80+ Ball Handle, otherwise Normal.
- Best Moving Stepback: Kyrie Irving. A quick move that allows you to either get separation for a shot or boost out of the move.
- Best Triple Threat Style: Normal. This is not a move most people use very often, but Normal is the best move we’ve found for the Triple Threat.