- Ruby Jonathan Isaac: The perfect 3-and-D that is an athletic defender and good spotup shooter.
- Amethyst Xavier McDaniel: A beast defender that has excellent finishing ability. Needs some shooting badges added, but otherwise a crazy card for cheap.
- Amethyst Gerald Wallace: Another spotup and defensive beast. Super athletic and perfect for guarding opposing PGs.
- Amethyst Hedo Turkoglu: A budget shooter that can also handle the ball a bit. A defensive liability but the best budget shooting SF.
- Amethyst Jimmy Butler: An overall decent card. Good defender, but only Silver Clamps. Decent spotup but lacks key shooting badges.
- Amethyst Donovan Mitchell: Short, but has everything you need: good shooting, dunking, and dribbling ability. Even has bronze Clamps to make him useable on defense as well. Here’s his card.
- Ruby Nick Anderson: Crazy Shooter with a good jumpshot and gold Range Extender. Also has bronze clamps to make him a top-notch spot-up and decent defender. Check out his card.
- Ruby Lu Dort: A defensive monster that is a perfect 3-and-D card for budget squads.
- Amethyst Bingo Smith: Athletic two guard that can do everything you need from a cheaper two-guard. Can lock down the point guard if needed, and also be a spot-up or featured scorer on offense. See his card.
- Ruby Gary Harris: The perfect 3&D guard for Ruby-or-lower Limited events. Not great for budget lineups, however, as he lacks a few key defensive badges (Intimidator, mostly). Here’s his card.
- Ruby Tony Wroten: A 6’6″ budget point guard that can be a decent tall-PG stopper. Only a decent shooter, but otherwise a great card.
- Ruby Markelle Fultz: An offensive monster that has a good jumpshot and Gold Range Extender. Also a usable defender.
- Amethyst Chris Paul: Sub-10K card that can playmake, defend, shoot, and finish well for an Amethyst. Only 6′ tall, but that is his only weakness. Here’s his card.
- Amethyst Jrue Holiday: Lockdown defender that can also playmake, finish, and shoot well. Good dribble sigs and jumpshot as well. Check out his card.
- Amethyst De’Aaron Fox: The best budget slasher point guard that is uber-athletic as well. Can hold his own shooting-wise and on defense as well. See his card.
Other Ruby Options for Limited:
- Ruby Chris Paul: Another CP3 card that is perfect for ruby-of-under Limited events. Worse than his Amy, but an overall budget beast for a Ruby. Check out his card.
- Ruby Stephen Curry: Another Limited-Event-only Ruby that will be dominant on offense, with good badges, animations, and attributes. Here’s his card.
Sapphire Options for Limited:
- Sapphire Daniel Gibson: Good shooter and ball handler. Poor defender, but this is the best Sapphire PG for Limited.
- Sapphire Allen Iverson: Good on offensive and passable on defensive (but without Clamps). Not a great overall card, but it is a Sapphire.
Small Forwards play a pivotal role in every game on both ends of the floor, making it necessary to have a good one on your squad. Here are the top 5 SFs in NBA 2K21 MyTeam right now:
- Opal Jimmy Butler: The first auctionable opal is a 3-and-D beast that can even work as the featured player on your offense.
- PD Paul George: Whether it’s as a 3-and-D or your focus player, Paul George is an all-around monster that clocks in as the best SF in MyTeam right now.
- PD Kevin Durant: An Offensive monster that can hold his own on the defensive end. Good sigs, player model, and badges for the 3 spot.
- PD Giannis Antetokounmpo: Super athletic and dominant on both defensive and offense. Struggles at shooting, but his upper echelon finishing ability makes up for this deficiency.
- PD Danny Granger: A dominant shooter that is well-rounded in other areas as well. Has a smooth and quick jumpshot, and comes with Hall of Fame Range Extender at base level.
Rise Up is a new badge for NBA 2K21 and increases the likelihood of dunking the ball when standing in the painted area. It replaces Pick & Roller from current generation 2K21.
Recommendation: Rise Up is a top-five finishing badge and will help you dunk the ball more. We recommend it for most builds who finish in the paint a decent amount.
Posterizer is a new badge for NBA 2K21 Next Gen and increases the chances of throwing down a dunk on your defender. It replaces Showtime from 2K21 current generation.
Recommendation: Posterizer is a must-have badge for players that can dunk. It is a top-three finishing badge on Next Gen and helps you get a great number of contact dunks.
Hook Specialist is the name-changed replacement for Deep Hooks from NBA 2K21 current generation to next gen. This badge gives a boost to post hooks from any distance.
Recommendation: This badge is only good for Post Scorers, who should put it on Hall of Fame.
Highlight Film is a new badge for NBA 2K21 Next Gen and gives a Takeover boost to all your teammates’ takeover progress on fastbreak or stylish dunks performed by your player. It replaces Fastbreak Finisher from NBA 2K21 current generation.
Recommendation: With Showtime not in next gen 2K21, this badge is the next best way to boost your teammates’ Takeover. However, the boost is not big enough for us to recommend it for your slashing build.
Heat Seeker is a new badge for NBA 2K21 Next Gen and gives a Takeover meter boost for shots taken around the painted area, including dunks and layups. It replaces Cross Key Scorer from current generation 2K21.
Recommendation: Heat Seeker is a must-have badge for any players that score in the paint at all, as it provides awesome Takeover boosts that help you dominate games even more.
Fearless Finisher is a new badge for NBA 2K21 Next Gen and strengthens a player’s ability to absorb contact and still finish. Also reduces the amount of energy lost from contact layups. Fearless Finisher replaces Relentless Finisher from current generation 2K21.
Recommendation: Fearless Finisher is a top 5 finishing badge for slashers, but we wouldn’t recommend spending a ton of badge points on it if you don’t have a decent amount of badge points.