One of the (too) many quests in the MyCareer mode of NBA 2K23 is the “It’s a Cole World” quest that launches your career as a rapper. It’s a multi-step process, and you’ll need the following to pass it quickly and efficiently.
Talk to Marvin Castleberry at Erick’s Vinyl about PhD Monk
You will be posed with three questions, and these are the answers, in correct order:
- They Reminisce Over You
Head to the Spot on the Map where Rappers Hang Out
You’ll need the following answers in the rap battle. I messed up a few times, so you’ll need to pay attention closely to the answers:
- I got lockdown defense so don’t try to get mental
- Check ya I’m with the extras, I’m eurostepping and flexing
- I’ll break your ankles and probably fix that wart in your foot
- You don’t have a lift pass you not supposed to ski here
- End your career, throw a party on your own dime
- I heard you’re sleeping on me with your stuffed toy Piggie Smalls?
Head to Rita’s and Ask about PhD Monk & Talk to whoever You can find about PhD Monk
Again, you want to pay close attention to all the answers to ensure that you are choosing the correct answer, as some answers will seem similar.
- Got a little shine now you think you hotter than ovens
- You are not the type that these other playas are idolize
- And if you’re hoopin, you’re doo doo I’m poop scoopin’
- Hope it doesn’t rain, since I caved the roof in
- I’mma pull up in your face like I know your addy
- I know you seen me skate I got nothin’ but decks
Head to Dreamer Court to record sounds for PhD Monk
You’ll play a 3v3 game with J Cole on your team, and the key is to win the game. It shouldn’t be too hard, as J Cole is actually really good in the game.
Bring the Sounds You Recorded Back to PhD Monk
This is a session in a recording studio, and there are 12 answers you’re going to need. Once again, you’ll need to pay close attention to the answers, as some of them will look pretty similar:
- Whenever, wherever. Soon as I tough the leather
- Like your kindergarten teacher, I’m giving L’s for free
- And I’mma take the rock like I went in that man’s wallet
- Crazy how he laced up for the wall of shame
- And don’t mumble it’s a concrete jungle
- I call a iso, then I put the icing on
- Take off from a free throw, take off the durag
- Cross-over, half-spin, hit ’em with the hop skip
- How you gonna stop this nah how you gonna top this?
- 2K, who you’re dealing with? You know I’m a savage
- The rock ain’t safe, I’ll take the money out your dresser
- You know who I am I’m a national treasure
Meet Bas at Dreamville
Another studio session, though it will only require 6 lines instead of 12. It’s a pretty easy section and shouldn’t take too long if you input these answers:
- Leave em frozen when I pull up for the jumper
- It’s the playoffs, play y’all? Y’all beginners
- My arm in the rim look at shorty below
- Like Dr. J’s afro you getting blowed out
- “Smile for the camera” chill? Yeah, no doubt
- This that rolling down the window on the flight feel…NEXT!
This is the last big quest you will have to complete, and there are just small quests left after this. None require specific answers and will be pretty quick and easy.