NBA 2K22 is a team game in that everyone must contribute their part in order to win. The best way for each position to make their contribution is to each have the best build at their position, meaning the ones with the best attributes and badges to dominate their spot on the floor.
In this post we break down the best builds at each position for both Current Gen and Next-Gen NBA 2K22, starting with Next Gen:
The best build for each position on Next-Gen:
- Point Guard: 3pt Playmaker. A top-notch dribbler and shooter that can carry an offense. Although other PG builds may have better defense or finishing, this build has the offensive chops to beat any defender. Here’s how to make this build.
- Shooting Guard: 2-Way 3-Level Scorer. A 3&D build that can lock down point guards and hit 3-pointers on the other end. Subpar playmaking, but good finishing to make this build the top SG. Here’s how to create it yourself.
- Small Forward: 2-Way Inside the Arc Scorer. Another 3&D-type build at the SF spot that can guard 1-5, dunk on defenders, and shoot at a high level. Here is how to make this build.
- Power Forward: Power Forward builds are a bit weak this year, so we recommend going with a well-rounded 3&D Wing SF build or a bigger 2-Way Facilitator C build.
- Center: 2-Way Stretch Glass Cleaner. A build that is a traditional interior defender that can also shoot and finish in the paint. Here’s a video on how to make this build.
The best build for each position on Current Gen:
- Point Guard: Playmaking Shot Creator. An offensive monster that can shoot and dribble at a high level, and hold their own finishing in the paint and on the defensive end. See how to build it here.
- Shooting Guard: Perimeter Lockdown. A good spot-up shooter and lockdown perimeter defender that can take the defensive load off the point guard. Learn how to build it here.
- Small Forward: Perimeter Lockdown. Another good defensive and spot-up build that can guard the Point Guard through Power Forward. Watch how to build it here.
- Power Forward: Glass-Cleaning Lockdown. A taller build that can both shoot from the perimeter and defend the paint, and play the pivotal versatile role PF’s need to play. Here’s how to make it.
- Center: Glass-Cleaning Lockdown. A defensive and finishing build that is perfect for both Rec and Park. Can’t shoot or dribble, but will be a top-notch Paint Protector, Rebounder and Roller. Here’s how to build it.