NBA 2K21 is a team game in that everyone must contribute their part in order to win. The best way for each position to make their contribution is to each have the best build at their position, meaning the ones with the best attributes and badges to dominate their spot on the floor.
In this post we break down the best builds at each position for both Current Gen and Next-Gen NBA 2K21, starting with Current Gen:
- Point Guard: Playmaking Shot Creator. An offensive monster that can shoot and dribble at a high level, and hold their own finishing in the paint and on the defensive end. See how to build it here.
- Shooting Guard: 2-Way Sharpshooter. A good spot-up shooter and lockdown perimeter defender that can take the defensive load off the point guard. Learn how to build it here.
- Small Forward: Perimeter Lockdown. Another good defensive and spot-up build that can guard the Point Guard through Power Forward. Watch how to build it here.
- Power Forward: Perimeter Lockdown or Glass Cleaning Finisher. Depending on if you need some shooting (P-Lock) or finishing (Glass Finisher), one of these builds will be best for the 4 spot.
- Center: Glass-Cleaning Lockdown. A defensive and finishing build that is perfect for both Rec and Park. Can’t shoot or dribble, but will be a top-notch Paint Protector, Rebounder and Roller. Here’s how to build it.
The best build for each position on Next-Gen:
- Point Guard: Scoring Machine. A build with a 95 3-Ball, 95 Speed with Ball, 95 Steal, and 95 Driving Dunk that will dominate on offense. Learn how to build it here.
- Shooting Guard: 2-Way Scoring Machine. A shooting and defensive-focused build with a 91 3-ball and 94 perimeter D, this build is a perfect spot-up and Point Guard stopper. Here’s how to build it.
- Small Forward: 2-Way Sharpshooter. Another two-way build that can guard the 2-through-4 and hit open jumpers. Also a good dunker and has good size to play the big man spot in the Park. Watch how to build it.
- Power Forward: Slashing Shot Creator. An athletic build that dunks and defends at a high level, and can hit open 3’s and dribble a bit. A good big man build for park. Learn how to build it.
- Center: Glass-Cleaning Slasher. A interior defending build that can shoot and finish well, too. Although a bit slow for Park, this build will excel on both offense and defense in the Rec. See how to build it.