Playing good defense is a very important part of being a good NBA 2K21 player, but the learning curve can be pretty steep for a new player. Here are the best tips we’ve found for playing better defense in NBA 2K21.
- Beef up your defensive stats: If you’re a guard or wing, max out the perimeter defense, lateral quickness, and steal. If you’re a big, max out rebounding, interior defense, block, and lateral quickness.
- Pick the right badges: Here’s out list of best defensive badges for guards and big men. Picking the right badges is instrumental for playing better defense, as they are meant to help your manual defensive inputs.
- Learn the passing lanes: The passing lanes are simply where your opponent passes the ball. When playing off-ball defense, you want to close off the areas where your opponent may pass the ball so you can get easy steals. This is only learned by playing the game.
- On-ball defense: The key to on-ball defense is predicting your opponents’ moves. You won’t always guess correctly, but over time you’ll get better, start getting bumpy on the ball handler, and get the stops you need on the defensive end.
- Rebounding for Big Men: You’ll need the Rebound Chaser and Box badge, and the most important tips to rebounding are to box out your opponent, guess where the ball will land, and correctly time your jump for the board.