Finishing at the rim is one of the most animation-driven features in 2K, meaning you better hope you get the right animation or you’re missing an open layup.
Therefore, you’re going to need the right Layup package for your player. We’ve compiled the best ones in 2K21, all based on the type of player you have.
- Long Athlete: Allows your player to starts layups outside the key, get nice hop step animations, and finish through contact.
- Jamal Crawford: Has some really interesting animations in this package for mixtapes or just showing off. Circus is decent, too, but in a more subdued way.
- Stephen Curry: Nice, usually unblockable lay-in animations that allow you to finish among bigger defenders, but not great at finishing through contact.
- Default Swing: The best for lower-rated finishers who can’t unlock the above three layup packages.
- Dominant Big: The best layup package for big men that gives you decent standing layup animations and allows you to play like Shaq in the paint.