Whether it is for dribbling or passing, playmaking badges are an essential part of a ballhandler’s arsenal to effectively dish out assists or create their own shots. This post breaks down the best badges to do all these things at a high level on both Current Gen and Next-Gen.
- Quick First Step: Needs to be maxed out for you to get natural speed boosts from a stopped position. Allows you to blow-by defenders and break down defenders out of dribble moves.
- Handles for Days: You’ll need this badge maxed out if you want to do more than one dribble move without your playing being out of energy. Allows you to chain many moves together to break down defenders.
- Unpluckable: An underperforming but necessary badge for ball handlers. Works best on either Gold or Hall of Fame, but will work decently enough on Bronze. Centers need this badge as well, even if they don’t dribble.
- Dimer: A great badge for primary ball handlers to give their teammates a boost on catch-and-shoot shots. Not necessary, but your teammates’ will make more shots, allowing you to get a higher win percentage as well.
- Bail Out: A badge you only need on Bronze to be effective, this badge allows you to pass out of questionable shots. Is necessary for the large majority of players, as you’ll need it at some point for sure.
- Quick First Step: Same description as above, although the badge is not as good on Next-Gen. Even though the speed boost isn’t as good on Next-Gen, it is still a necessary badge for breaking down defenders.
- Handles for Days: Same description as above as well. It is necessary for dribbling on Next-Gen, though don’t expect to be able to dribble throughout the entire shot clock without draining all your stamina.
- Bullet Passer: A Next-Gen only badge that allows you to pass the ball quicker. It has gotten nerfed a few times throughout the year already, but it is still an effective badge to get off passes quicker.
- Unpluckable: Similar description to above, but it seems like it is a bit better on Next-Gen. Necessary for all ball handlers, though you will still need to adhere to basic precautions to protect the ball.
- Bail Out: The Shot Contest system can be a bit wonky on Next-Gen, so you’ll need to be able to pass out of iffy shots. Bail out will allow you to do so, but you will need to upgrade your passing accuracy to unlock it.
Check out our other posts on the Best Badges for the other categories: