Next Gen Defensive and Rebounding Badges:
- Ankle Braces: Reduces the chances of getting crossed over.
- Box: Improves player’s ability to box out opponents.
- Brick Wall: Increases effectiveness of screens and drains energy from opponents on physical contact.
- Chase Down Artist: Raises the chances of getting a chase-down block.
- Clamps: Boosts the ability to stay in front of the ball handler on the perimeter.
- Clutch Defender: Steps up defensively in big moments.
- Defensive Leader: Boosts the defensive abilities of teammates when in the game.
- Heart Crusher: Decreases opponents’ Takeover meters when achieving a highlight play on defense.
- Hot Stopper: Boosts takeover meter after making defensive plays.
- Interceptor: Increases chances at getting steals in passing lanes.
- Intimidator: Intimidates offensive players causing them to miss shots more often.
- Off-Ball Pest: Improves a player’s ability to bump and harass the offense off the ball.
- Pick Dodger: Improves a player’s ability to navigate through screens effectively on defense.
- Pick Pocket: Improves a player’s ability to steal the ball from a ball handler.
- Pogo Stick: Improves the ability to attempt multiple blocks in succession.
- Post Lockdown: Improves the defender’s ability to defend post moves and backdowns.
- Rebound Chaser: Improves a player’s ability to chase down rebounds.
- Rim Protector: Improves ability to block shots, gives boost to the Takeover meter for blocker/teammates.
- Tireless Defender: Reduces energy lost when exerting effort on defense.
- Trapper: Makes life difficult for the offensive players when trapped.
- Worm: Allows rebounders to swim or spin around box outs more easily.
Current Gen Defensive and Rebounding Badges:
Box: Strengthens a player’s ability to effectively box out opponents in anticipation of a rebound.
Brick Wall: This badge makes it tougher for a defense to get through or around screens. Players hit by contact from a brick wall lose more energy than normal.
Chase Down Artist: Boosts the speed and leaping ability of a player when he is chasing down an offensive player in anticipation of a block attempt.
Clamps: Defenders have access to quicker cut off moves and are more successful when bumping or hip riding riding the ball handler.
Defensive Leader: Lifts the defensive ability of teammates when on the court. Also, at the Hall of Fame level, can see potential shot percentages of opposing players.
Heart crusher: After successfully blocking or stealing the ball from an opponent, an additional penalty is given to the opposing player’s takeover meter.
Interceptor: The frequency of successfully tipped or intercepted passes greatly increases.
Intimidator: Offensive players have less success shooting when contested by players with this badge. Also boosts the shot defense rating when tightly guarding an opponent.
Lightning Reflexes: Gives the defender an advantage to read where the ball handler is going in the Read and React System.
Moving Truck: Players are more effective pushing opponents out of the post while playing defense.
Off-Ball Pest: Makes players more difficult to get past when playing off-ball, as they can grab and hold their matchup and don’t get their ankles broken as often.
Pick Dodger: Improves a player’s ability to navigate through and round screens while on defense.
Pick Pocket: Increases the chances of a steal and reduces the chances of a foul when attempting to strip the ball from a ball handler. Also improves the chances of successful layup strips.
Pogo Stick: Allows players to quickly go back for another block attempt upon landing.
Post Move Lockdown: Increases the chances of a defender preventing an offensive post move from succeeding.
Rebound chaser: Improves a player’s ability to track down rebounds from farther distances than normal.
Rim protector: Improves player’s ability to block shots, unlocks special animations and gives a boost to the Takeover meter for the blocker and blocker’s teammates following a block.
Tireless defender: Allows defenders to play defense more aggressively without losing energy at the same rate as a normal player.
Trapper: When trapping offensive players, defenders are more effective at forcing pickups and turnovers than normal.
Worm: When boxed out, rebounders have more success swimming around and getting into successful rebound position.