Playmaking is an important skill for any guard in NBA 2K21, as it can separate you from the mediocre guards and set your team up for easy wins. In this article we break down the best tips to not only set your teammates up for success, but yourself, too.
- Max out your Ball Handle and Pass Accuracy: These are the most important stats for becoming a top-tier playmaker, and maxing these out will give you the necessary badge points as well.
- Equip the right badges: Here’s out list of best playmaking badges. Quick First Step, Handles for Days, and Unpluckable are necessities, but there are a few others that will help you dribble and pass better.
- Equip the right dribble animations: Here’s out list of the best dribble moves. Quick is the best dribble style, Pro 8 is the best crossover, Pro 3 is the best BTB, and Pro 2 is the best Size-up Escape.
- Learn how to dribble: Learning how to use the dribble moves, chaining moves, and when to use certain moves is necessary for breaking down defenders. This video breaks it down best , but you’ll only get better at this by practicing these moves in the MyCourt.
- Notice Passing Lanes: Passing lanes are important on defense and offense. On offense, you want to avoid throwing in crowded passing lanes, so you’ll need to learn them from experience. The Needle Threader badge will also help you make tough passes.
- Focus on getting your teammates involved: It’s easy to get tunnel vision as the primary ball handler, so you want to place special emphasis on looking for open teammates and making timely passes.
Ultimately, playmaking involves a lot of quick decisions, something that only comes from a lot of practice and playing experience. However, the above tips helped me and others become better primary ball handlers, and we know they will help you as well.