Shooting in NBA 2K22 is highly dependent on badges, as you don’t need the high attributes that you needed last year. In this post we break down the best shooting badges in NBA 2K22:
- Sniper: Gives a huge boost for slightly early or late shots, which heavily increases your make percentages. It is not difficult to get, either, which makes it an even more powerful badge for most players.
- Hot Zone Hunter: Provides the greatest Shot Make and Green Percentage of any Shooting Badges (when in Hot Zones). Necessary if you have Hot Zones, which are easy to get in MyCareer. Check out the attribute requirements to unlock HZH.
- Blinders: Doesn’t allow a defender to contest you from the sides, which is important in that it allows you to make more shots without defenders getting in the way. Opens up a ton of shot possibilities. These are the attribute requirements to unlock Blinders.
- Chef/Limitless Spotup: Allows you to shoot deep 3-pointers. If you are an on-ball scorer, you will need Chef. If you are a spot-up shooter, you will need Limitless Spotup. Here are the attribute requirements to unlock Chef and Limitless for your player.
- Deadeye: Reduces contests and allows you to make lightly contested shots. Necessary for players who shoot a decent amount, as you’ll need Deadeye to reduce the impact of closeouts. These are the attribute requirements to unlock Deadeye.
How to Use Your Badge Points
10 (or less) Shooting Badge Points: Max out Sniper and Hot Zone Hunter. Put the other points on Blinders if you are the main shooter, or Catch and Shoot if you are a spot up shooter.
15 (or less) Badge Points: Prioritize Sniper, HZH, Blinders if main shooter or Catch and Shoot for spot-ups. The other points should be spent on Deadeye or Corner Specialist.
20 (or less) Badge Points: Prioritize Sniper, HZH, Blinders, and Catch and Shoot. Other points can be spent on Chef/Limitless Spotup, Deadeye, or Corner Specialist.
25 (or more) badge points: Sniper, HZH, Blinders, Chef, and Deadeye for the main shooters on a team, and Sniper, HZH, Blinders, Limitless, Catch and Shoot for spot up shooters.