“Defense wins Championships” rings true in NBA 2K22. If your player clamps up your opponent, chances are you’re going to win most games in NBA 2K22.
And to play your best defense in NBA 2K22, you’re going to need the help of the Best Defensive Badges for Guards in the game this year:
- Clamps: The Best Defensive Badge for Guards. Stops blowbys, kills your opponents’ stamina, and allows you to frustrate your opponents on every possession. A must-have for every player.
- Intimidator: Make Shooting More Difficult for Your Opponent: Limits the amount of whites your opponent makes, increases your shot contest, and allows you undersized player to play decent interior defense.
- Menace: Menace is a new badge for 2K22 that drops an opponent’s badges when you are playing on-ball defense on them. This badge is pretty much a necessity for on-ball defenders.
- Interceptor: To Wreak Havoc in the Passing Lanes. Allows you to get some goofy steal animations in passing lanes and make your opponent pay for bad passes.
- Ankle Braces: It doesn’t stop zig-zagging, but it certainly helps you stay put on defense more. With dribbling revamped with quicker and smoother chains of moves, you will need this badge to keep your footing.
Check out our other guides on the best badges in each category: