“Defense wins Championships” rings true in NBA 2K21. If your player clamps up your opponent, chances are you’re going to win most games in NBA 2K21.
And to play your best defense in NBA 2K21, you’re going to need the help of the Best Defensive Badges for Guards in the game this year:
- Clamps: The Best Defensive Badge for Guards. Stops blowbys, kills your opponents’ stamina, and allows you to frustrate your opponents on every possession. A must-have for every player.
- Intimidator: Make Shooting More Difficult for Your Opponent: Limits the amount of whites your opponent makes, increases your shot contest, and allows you undersized player to play decent interior defense.
- Interceptor: To Wreak Havoc in the Passing Lanes. Allows you to get some goofy steal animations in passing lanes and make your opponent pay for bad passes.
- Pick Dodger: Avoiding Murder on Brick Wall Screens. An under powered badge that you still need if you don’t want your player to fall down every time you get screened (which is like five times per possession).
- Off Ball Pest: Underrated and Underappreciated. Stops the movement of your opponent off-ball and drains their energy. Can literally kill any off-ball movement and force bad passes and turnovers.
- Defensive Leader: If You’re in the Sharing Mood. Far from necessary, but helpful to your teammates (via stat boosts) and yourself (opposing teams’ percentages) if you have a lot of defensive badges.
There are plenty of other badges that will help your guard play top-notch defense, but the above ones are the ones that we have found most effective – and that you should definitely equip on your player.