With shooting requiring more grinding and skill this year, finishing has become an integral part of the game for the first time in a few years. In this article we break down the best finishing badges for every position and tier:
Guards are focused on rim-running and finishing among big men, and these picks reflect these particular skills:
- Posterizer: Dunking over people is one of the most important parts of finishing this year, and this badge will help you get more poster dunks.
- Limitless Takeoff: Dunking from further out is one of the most important skills, especially if someone is paint-sitting or help defense. This badge will help you get more dunks in general, as well.
- Slithery: Sometimes contact dunks aren’t the best move, and this badge will help you avoid contact with bigger defenders. It works well as it’s job, although it requires more finesse than going for a poster.
- Pro Touch: If you have layup timing on, this badge is seriously going to increase the number of layups, dunks, and alley-oops you make. Just time these moves OK and this badge will take care of the rest.
- Fearless Finisher: Whereas Posterizer helps with contact dunks, Fearless Finisher helps with contact layups. You don’t always need a contact dunk, and this badge will ensure you still get some points.
- Giant Slayer: Finishing around bigger players is tough any year, but this badge is going to help you get some points on the board when bigger defenders come to contest your layups.
- Aerial Wizard: You probably won’t have too many opportunities for alley-oops, but this badge will help whether you get the chance or there are special events around alley-oops.
6’6″ to 6’9″ players should be focused on finishing dunks and layups off the catch in transition or on a cut, and the following badges help you maximize these situations:
- Posterizer: You’re a big bigger, stronger, and probably have a higher dunk rating than guards. This badge is going to help you finish dunks more often and get some pretty cool animations.
- Limitless Takeoff: Another badge that helps your dunking ability, this time by increasing the distance you dunk from.
- Bully: This badge helps you get through the paint to the basket more effectively, especially against smaller defenders. Not necessary, but great if you have the extra badge points.
- Fearless Finisher: You might not be finishing a lot of layups as a swing, but this badge is going to help you finish contact layups in the event that you do not trigger a contact dunk.
- Aerial Wizard: Catching alley-oops off the cut or in transition are some of the most electrifying plays in NBA 2K23, and this badge is going to boost your chances of making these oops.
- Pro Touch: This badge will help your timing on layups, dunks, and alley-oops. For very few badge points, this badge is awesome.
- Rise Up: If you ever find yourself under the basket with the ball, this badge will help you get much safer dunks, rather than layups that either miss or get blocked at a higher rate.
Big Men are focused on interior finishing and dunking on smaller players. These are the best finishing badges to do so:
- Bully: This is such an apt name for what a big man should be doing, as this badge boosts your ability to steamroll through the paint towards the basket.
- Masher: Another great badge for big men that allows them to finish over smaller players. Not necessarily a must-have, but a great badge if you find yourself in mismatches frequently.
- Rise Up: Another big man-focused badge that allows you to complete more standing dunks. Best complemented with a high standing dunk rating, but otherwise not very useful.
- Posterzier: Whether it’s a standing dunk over a smaller player or a driving dunk, Posterizer will allow you to dunk over opponents.
- Backdown Punisher: There aren’t a ton of back-to-basket centers in the game, but this badge helps all big men back down opponents to either score in the paint, or dish the ball from the post.
- Pro Touch: Again, a necessary badge to help with timing alley-oops, dunks, and layups. All you need is decent timing, and this badge will boost the chances you make the shot.
- Fearless Finisher: This goes along well with Masher, in that it will help you finish contact layups in the paint. It’s cheap and effective, so we recommend using it.
Check out our other guides on the best badges for the other badge categories: